At The Michelle Sidwell Academy Of Dance our first priority is your child's safety and welfare. We recognise that we have a responsibility to safeguard the welfare of your child and to reassure you that appropriate policies and procedures are in place to ensure that your child takes part in classes at the school within a safe and secure environment.
We aim to ensure that we; provide an environment in which children are safe and in which any suspicion or allegation of inappropriate behaviour is immediately responded to in line with the procedures agreed;
• to ensure that all adults within the school who have substantial access to children have been checked as to their suitability, including with the DBS;
• all teaching applicants will be interviewed before an appointment is made and will be asked to provide at least one reference;
• all references will be followed up;
• all appointments will be subject to a probationary period.
We will ensure:
• that the school has a designated member of staff who has undertaken child protection foundation training;
• the child protection policy is available to parents on request;
• all staff are aware that they have a professional responsibility to safeguard children.
We recognise that all matters relating to child protection are confidential and will only disclose information on a need to know basis.
Allegations against staff
Staff should take care not to place themselves in a vulnerable position with a child. In the event that an allegation is made against a member of staff, the principal will be immediately informed.
The principal on receipt of an allegation will follow the London Borough of Bromley Child Protection Guidelines.
This is to ensure that experience using the website is the best possible.
You can find out more about the cookies we use by reading our cookie declaration.
What are cookies? Cookies are small files stored in your web browser to help the website interact with you. Without cookies, every time you visit a new page the website thinks you are a new visitor. This would mean for example shopping baskets would empty each time you clicked onto a new page. If you would like to read more about cookies , Wikipedia has a detailed article.
What if I do not want cookies stored on my browser? You can block cookies via your web browser. You can find out specific instructions for your browser via Google. Please note though we provide no guarantee against unexpected results should you choose to block cookies on this website.
What cookies do you store on my browser? Details of the cookies we use on this site are listed below:
CookieMessage - This records the answer you gave regarding accepting our cookies. Without this the cookie notification would pop up every time you went to a new page. Expires in 180 days
PHPSESSID - Allows the website to function correctly such as retaining a shopping basket. Expires when browser shutdown.
Occasionally the way third-party add-ons store cookies change. Because of this the list above may not always contain an exhaustive list of the cookies which are saved. We do regularly audit the cookies stored as a result of visiting our website.