1. The Principal reserves the right to terminate any student's classes at any point throughout their training.
2. UNIFORM must be correct for the relevant class and hair must be worn in a classical bun for ballet from Grade 2 onwards and in a ponytail for all other classes. No outside clothing is allowed during class. Vests are not permitted to be worn under leotards.
It is the responsibility of the parent to name ALL pieces of uniform and to check when leaving that they have all their possessions with them. No responsibility will be taken by the school for any losses incurred on the premises. Please let the teacher know if anything has been lost or left behind as the school places any lost items in our lost property box located all halls.
3. FEES must be paid for whether attended or not.
a) Fees must be paid by the first week of each half term. The only exception is new pupils joining the academy. The student can then participate in 1 trial class at no expense. If the child then wishes to continue you will be billed accordingly.
b) Unpaid fees will incur a £10 late payment fine.
c) Notice of two weeks must be given if leaving the academy, in order to terminate the agreement. Fees will still be due even if the student is unable to attend the class until the completion of the notice period.
d) A £10 charge will be applied for cheques returned unpaid by the bank.
e) Classes that must be cancelled due to extreme weather conditions or teacher illness will be re-scheduled although this may not be on the same day as the original lesson. If a class cannot be re-scheduled then a refund will be issued. No refunds will be issued if you cannot attend the re-scheduled class.
4. Children in lessons are under the care and supervision of the teacher. Children who have breaks between classes or wait for classes to start/to be collected are NOT under the supervision or responsibility of the teacher. The Michelle Sidwell Academy of Dance is NOT responsible for your child when they are not in a class.
5. It is the Parents/Guardians responsibility to notify Michelle of any change of contact details/medical condition.
6. This is a Imperial Society of Teachers of Dance School working towards the highest standard of training. This results in examinations being taken when and only when the Principal believes the pupil has reached the required standard. A letter will be given to the pupil when they are ready for an exam. Please reply to this letter promptly, together with the appropriate fee. If fees are not received by the due date, the pupil will not be entered for the exam. Examinations require a lot of hard work, dedication and require attendance of extra examination classes to ensure pupils are at the correct standard by the exam date. These classes are scheduled in addition to syllabus classes and are charged by a separate fee.
7. We will not be held responsible for the loss or damage to personal belongings whilst on the premises. All belongings should be clearly marked with the student's name.
8. No jewellery is to be worn in class; this includes watches, earrings and face jewellery. For security reasons, we recommend that valuables are not brought to the school. Mobile phones must be switched off, and the teacher has a right to confiscate mobile phones if used within the duration of the class. Your child will receive the mobile phone after the lesson ends. NO chewing gum is allowed in class.
9. All term and holiday dates are on the website under the password protected Parent & Student area (please ask the principal for the password). Please refer to the website and social media pages frequently for any changes. We try and stay in line with school terms as much as possible, though we cannot help circumstances which may change this.
10. Please respect the building and property where the classes are taking place, by keeping the noise level low and the rooms tidy and free of rubbish.
11. The use of Social Media;
We ask that current students who have access to social media do not contact teachers or student teachers on their personal pages. We ask that all students contact the School's email and/or social media page for any questions, helpful tips and advice.
Social media is a wonderful communication tool however the Michelle Sidwell Academy of Dance Facebook Page, Twitter Page and Instagram should be the only use of social media contact from current students to teachers. The School will not tolerate current students and or teachers being in contact through social media however please feel free to contact us personally when you have moved on from the school to keep us up-to-date on how you are doing.
The Michelle Sidwell Academy of Dance uses our Social Media page as a platform to advertise the School and to celebrate it's students' achievements.
This is to ensure that experience using the website is the best possible.
You can find out more about the cookies we use by reading our cookie declaration.
What are cookies? Cookies are small files stored in your web browser to help the website interact with you. Without cookies, every time you visit a new page the website thinks you are a new visitor. This would mean for example shopping baskets would empty each time you clicked onto a new page. If you would like to read more about cookies , Wikipedia has a detailed article.
What if I do not want cookies stored on my browser? You can block cookies via your web browser. You can find out specific instructions for your browser via Google. Please note though we provide no guarantee against unexpected results should you choose to block cookies on this website.
What cookies do you store on my browser? Details of the cookies we use on this site are listed below:
CookieMessage - This records the answer you gave regarding accepting our cookies. Without this the cookie notification would pop up every time you went to a new page. Expires in 180 days
PHPSESSID - Allows the website to function correctly such as retaining a shopping basket. Expires when browser shutdown.
Occasionally the way third-party add-ons store cookies change. Because of this the list above may not always contain an exhaustive list of the cookies which are saved. We do regularly audit the cookies stored as a result of visiting our website.